Sunday, September 30, 2007;
I had this super long dream last night and this morning.I think it left me so exhausted that I just continued sleeping and probably couldn't hear my alarm clock.So I didn't attend church today coz I only managed to get up at like 11.30am when I was suppose to wake up at 7am.Hehe!
Anyway,the dream was like so weird.I mean,it was a "Handmaid's Tale" dream and I'm serious.It was so damn vivid.You'll only understand it if you've read the book.
In the dream,me and almost all my girlfriends that I know and used to know were receiving our Handmaid's 'education' at what's supposed to be the Red Centre and as for the guys I know...some were being 'educated' as Angels,Eyes and Guardians. ______ and _______ were immediately promoted as Eyes without the indoctrination coz I think they were probably smart enough to act as though they already are when they were not.They were still in the Red Centre acting as spies for the government.But they're so bullcrap lah.I committed so many 'offences' in front of them,they merely turned a blind eye to it.They also committed offences with me...no no...don't anyhow think..I don't mean it THAT way..I mean ______ and I would hang out with them during our common breaks in one of the abandoned staircases,smoking(no but in real life we don't),drinking and playing cards..i know like wth...and such secret trysts were forbidden.Basically guys and girls don't mix.So if the four of us were caught,it's probably Salvaging immediately.
And the Red Centre looks damn glamourous.High ceilings,chandeliers and all that....like some sort of palace.Too bad it's metaphorically filthy.And then me and my girlfriends would explore all the little secret passages and hideouts during our breaktime.I can't quite remember the sequence of events..only snippets of it.
One of the rules was that girls were only allowed to bathe like once a week and guys could bathe as and when they liked.WTF lah.But then we don't give a damn,we also bathe as and when we liked....with the guys' help.There was this part of the dream where one of the guys told us about this secret little hole which led to this place where there were a couple of shower rooms which were not used at all.However, one night,some stupid girl(thank goodness she was faceless i.e i dunno her) was so careless and one of the Angels actually followed us and we got caught.But then,_____ used her charm on him and in the end he decided to let us off.And then later on in the dream,_____and that dude got together but that's off the point.
And there was one time when there was this huge conference cum concert thing.Ok,can't remember what but it was a HUGE event.And bloody hell,my duty was to serve drinks and all that.There were two things happening at once.That event and some mass tutorial session for the guys.And bloody hell I had to serve drinks at both of them.At the grand hall during the event,I had to serve drinks(VODKA!!!took the opportunity to sneak one..heh heh) to the Commanders and Wives and the VIPs.And I got told off by one of the Aunts because of the way I swaggered.She was nagging and nagging about unglam..and blah blah.I just walked away.
And as Handmaids in training,we couldn't show our faces and had to remain low profile so I literally had to crawl on the floor after I was done with serving.Which is probably why I woke up with 3 ugly bruises on my legs and an aching left knee.And I had to crawl past this group of people in the audience and they were my ex-schoolmates as well as people I've seen before.So embarrassing.I couldn't even look at them.
Then one of those Aunt bitches called me to bring drinks for the guys at their tutorial session.I was wishing I had a knife or something I could've killed her on the spot.Serve drinks to the GUYS who were my own friends?Bullshit lah.I took my own sweet time to walk to the conference room and when I entered,I knew who were there from hearing their voices but I refused to look up at them.Even my cousin was there.I knew that _____ was guarding the door but I just pretended he wasn't there.I just put the drinks on the table and tried not to look at anyone.I knew that they were staring at me and when I took a split second glance,their expressions were a mix of relief and shock.You see, we all had been separated for like half a year so most of the time we had been worried about what may happen to each other.So I suppose they were glad I was ok.But then when I left I had to walk past _____ again at the door,he refused to accept the drink because that would be acknowledging me as a lesser being.I was so fed up that I could've poured it down his shirt.But he insisted on not taking it so fine lah,I just walked out.And when I was certain I was alone I gulped down the drink.
Then after a while I got dragged into some corner by 3 people. Then I saw that they were _____,_____ and _____.All asked me about their girlfriends...whether I had seen them and if they were alright.I said I dunno...haven't seen them...probably in a different group..if I do,I'll let you all know....somehow...Then I asked they if they had seen ______.They said yeah,he's an Eye as well.
But the funny thing was in the dream,I could really feel that sort of emptiness and oppression.It's like everything was taken from us.We weren't allowed to form friendships and relationships with anyone.We couldn't even trust each other sometimes.We had to speak in whispers and our conversations must be minimal.We had to speak in codes and the only time we could actually talk freely was during secret meetings but even so we had to be careful coz we dunno if there're microphones or not.
Oh,and in the dream,______ was really slim and quite pretty and in the dream,______ kinda like her...HAHAHAHA!But that's beside the point.
Anyway,yeah,this is rather long so I should shut up for now...I was supposed to go study overnight at the airport with the KI gang but I decided to give it a pass...I need my sleep.Anyway,to everyone,ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR REVISION and remember that Jane loves you!!!HAHAHA...okok..lame...out of point...yeah...I mean,just do your best and take care and BLESS YOU ALL!Wahahahahahaha.
Labels: dreams
{{ 8:09 AM -
The forever memories we have.