Friday, November 09, 2007;
Faith is defined as the belief in something which gives you a sense of hope.Faith is unfathomable.It is beyond all forms of human comprehension and reasoning.It is indescribable as no right words can express it well enough.It is something abstract and irrational. Faith in something keeps people going on in life.It motivates them.It gives them hope and a positive outlook to life.
However if you think carefully you see that faith in certain things can be disruptive as well.It gives you hope no doubt but most of the time it is false hope. It then gives rise to complacency and at times even cause you to take things for granted. By the time you realise it,it is too late. There is no turning back as you already let it slip out of your fingers.The point of no return.
In these growing years of mine,though I haven't seen every single real shit of life,I've seen enough to be able to understand the good the bad and the ugly.I shall not dwell into this because this would involve my family which I don't like talking about so publicly.
But anyway, ever since,I've lost faith in many thing,people even.I've lost faith in luck because there is no such thing.There is only mathematics.I've lost faith in horoscopes because they are highly inaccurate.I do read them for entertainment's sake sometimes but forget about them afterwards.I've lost faith in those inspirational quotes and articles and whatnots.They're utter bullshit.They make it sound as though things will be alright if you do this and this.Come on,reality check.Things aren't always as simple as in black and white you know.Most of the time,it's complex as hell.
After all this,there's one thing that is clear for me.I hold faith only in two things: God and myself.I believe that God exists not though there is alot of evidence against this.I remember telling someone that God has to exist otherwise I wouldn't have promoted.Ok,this is a fallacy of some sort but fallacies cannot be used to measure the extent of faith.I believe in divine intervention though I lean a little towards agnosticism since I'm not those fully indoctrinated pricks who are too overly rooted leaving no space at all for doubt.Yeah,those are the close-minded buggers which annoy the living shit out of me.Ok,I'm so gonna get screwed upside down if anyone from church reads this but whatever.Until then,this post shall stay.
I hold the faith in myself because if I don't,then I will just fall apart.Figuratively and literally.In order to have faith in anything else,you must first have faith in yourself especially if you wanna survive this fucked up world.No one will help you if you fall unless it can benefit them somehow.It all boils down to power and/or sex following Freud.
Yeah,faith can be irrational and all but it's something which is innate.Something which I wasn't taught.Something which I just know a priori.That's why I reject the idea of tabula rasa.I reject the belief that we are all born exactly the same.Bullshit.It's stupid to say we are all born blank slates.It's like saying we're born blind deaf and dumb.And no one is born equal,no way.They say all babies cry when they leave their mothers' bodies.Bullshit.That's a freaking hasty generalisation.I didn't cry when I came into the world.I dunno why either.No don't read too much into it.I'm not trying to imply that I'm superior or what.I'm just trying to illustrate that not everyone is born equal.
I'm gonna go take my nap now.Tired now.
Labels: thoughts
{{ 11:20 PM -
The forever memories we have.